Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What We Wear Wednesday: Santa Muerte

It's no secret I'm a huge Halloween fan. I love the decorations, the scary chills that accompany the month October in general and especially the fact that grown-ups get to dress up and disguise themselves yet again. Last year I dressed up as a scary doll to frighten the little kids. This year I decided differently for two reasons. First, my scary doll gear also evoked "Oh my God, so cute!" reactions, which wasn't quite what I was aiming for. This year was going to be bigger, better, stronger and especially scarier. Second, I wanted something different after suiting up for the same character two years in a row. 


After browsing the interwebz and coming up empty with regard to Halloween ideas, all of a sudden, it hit me. Santa Muerte was the way to go. I don't quite know how the idea rooted in my brain, but I guess that it was a combination of it popping up in an episode of Dexter I watched several months ago and seeing it on Instagram/Pinterest last year. 

 Coat: Sheinside - Skirt: Boohoo - Shirt: costume shop - Boots: Primark - Flowers: H&M  

In my opinion and with a not so steady hand to put on the make-up (or to do anything really), I think I did a fairly good job. My mom got the chills every time she glanced at me and a little kid was really frightened. Scared the shit out of a little one, SCORE! No worries, I talked to her to make everything better and to show her that I really am very nice, so no nightmares I hope.


Are there any other Halloween fans out there? And what is your costume for this year? Please tell me I'm not alone in my obsession. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Echt fantastische outfit voor Halloween :) had ik maar zo'n goede ideeën :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zalig gedaan! Ik was dit jaar gewoon een heks :p
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...