Friday, October 11, 2013

Two for one: tartan skirt part one


I don't think I need to tell you guys, but tartan is hot and happening this A/W. When spotting the trend, I immediately thought about a little something I had laying around (ok, hidden in a box in the basement). More than a decade ago this mature woman (ahum) was a nifty little annoying pubescent girl, listening to punk music (some things never change) and dressing accordingly. One of my favorite staples at that time was a plaid skirt (that and my red Venom pants), for which I had to go to the far Antwerp to buy (at least far for a teenager from Limburg). 

I dug up this treasured skirt from the enormous depths of our basement and fell head over heels again. Inspiration ahoy! Because most items are quite versatile in the sense that you can wear them in different outfits that are accompanied by a completely different feel, I thought it may be interesting to implement something like this on the blog. After this post, you can expect another one very soon with the same skirt, but in a very different style. 

First up - letting my inner teenager out again - the tartan skirt in a grungy/punk style. I can't even begin to explain how much this felt like coming home, clothingwise that is. Totally having Anarchy in the UK on repeat. 

PS: The flatforms are my souvenir from Barcelona <3

PS2: Should have cut those white things from my shirt... 

Plaid skirt: oldschool - Shirt, beanie: H&M - Tights: no idea - Bag: Ebay - Flatforms: Victoria from Barcelona - Studded bracelet: Claire's

Stay tuned for the other style very soon!


2 comments:

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...