Sunday, October 27, 2013

"Dress to impress"

Dress to impress, the illustrious name of a workshop by famous Belgian stylist Lien Degol I attended a while ago. Main topic: when applying for a job, what in God's name should you wear? It's not applicable on me right now, but still, I figured it wouldn't hurt to get some intel on the do's and don'ts outfitwise when going in for a job interview. The gist of what Lien told us at the workshop was to a) leave your personality at home, b) pay attention to personal hygiene and c) as I interpreted it, you don't have to look freakin' boring. Especially the first rule seemed quite difficult for me to overcome. 

With those and other tips and tricks from Lien Degol in mind - like dark denim pants are always a good idea, wear opaque tights and don't be too sexy (so hard, right?! just kidding), I decided to try and put together a few interesting, adultlike outfits to apply for a job. And that all with the stuff already hanging around in my wardrobe. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I based outfit number 1 on one of the examples presented in the workshop, namely a black suit with a shirt that pops out, while adding a classic bag and classic heels. I'm not completely satisfied with the outfit, as I think it deviates too far from my personal style. Of course, that's the whole 'leave your personality at home' thing. I think I could have done better with a brighter color as a shirt. Alas, not something I could immediately find in the vast territory of my wardrobe.

Blazer: New Look - Shirt, pants: H&M - Pumps: Primark - Glasses: Rayban - Bag: Sac d'Anvers

The second outfit is something I would actually wear in real life. A colorful but rather cute dress, opaque tights, brown brogues, a brown bag and a black blazer. Although I'd maybe not wear opaque tights, but rather sheer tights with some knee stockings. Again, my personality popping up. 

Blazer: New Look - Dress, purse: Primark - Glasses: Rayban - Brogues: Sacha


What do you guys think? Or what do you wear/would you wear for a job interview? 



3 comments:

  1. Karolien - peachesandpeachesOctober 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM

    Dank je! Ik denk niet dat ik al ooit zo ver van mijn stijl ben afgeweken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karolien - peachesandpeachesOctober 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM

    Exactly what I was going for :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...