Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What We Wear Wednesday: LLBD

Leopard coat, dress: H&M - Boots: Zara - Earrings: Retro & Chic

I'm the proud owner of this dress for about a year now. I've worn it on several occasions but for some reason it never made its way to the blog yet. It's a very simple, minimalistic dress and I guess I just hadn't found the right balance between boring and classy yet. I was always looking for things to spice it up - like tights with hearts, glitter boots, hair cuffs,... - , when actually that's not necessary at all. I just added my leopard coat, my new favorite earrings from Retro and Chic and kept the boots simple. When combined properly, leopard can really add to the classiness. And it really brings out the blonde in my hair ;) I wore this outfit to go to the movies and have some drinks afterwards and I felt totally at ease, although leopard coats can make you feel....looked at. If you know what I'm saying.

I'm actually thinking this would've been a more appropriate outfit for the presentation of Alice Temperly for JBC last week. But instead I chose my tartan shirt and burgundy skinnies. To plea in my advantage: I came straight from work and this dress probably would've raised some eyebrows on the work floor. But that's not the only reason I chose a super simple and comfy outfit. When I'm not sure what to expect, I go for easy combinations in which I'm sure I'll feel comfortable. Control freak, me? It has happened while choosing my outfit for Titi and the German Kid's F/W collection last year (crappy photo and ugly face alert), for going to The Big You IV and last week at JBC was no exception. Yeah, actually I'm just chicken shit.

I'll stop talking, I don't want to leave you with the impression that I talk a lot. Because mostly I don't.



10 comments:

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...