Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What We Wear Wednesday: I caved.

 Jacket: Zara - Jumper, skinnies: H&M - Shoes: Nike Air Max - Earrings: Forever 21

I caved. Do you know that feeling of trying your best not to give in to temptation, succeeding in it and you finally manage to stop thinking about it? It's hard, it haunts your thoughts and whenever you're confronted with the bitter reality it punches you in the face. But eventually you feel relieved and excited that you actually had the strength to pull through after all. And that's the moment when you get weak and vulnerable. Because it's then, at the most unguarded of moments, that foul temptation shows its ugly head around the corner, makes you gasp for breath and fall head over heels again.

But that doesn't necessarily need to be a bad thing. It happened to me last Saturday when I went shopping with my dear friend Eline. I always make lists in my head of what I want and what I must really try and find. I really don't know why I even bother doing so, because I rarely come home with the things I had in mind. Shopping for me goes best when I have no expectations. Those are the times I usually come home with items I tend to love for a long period of time without growing tired of them. Whenever I try to manically find an item on top of my wishlist I or fail or find something you could call "the next best thing", and you should NEVER go for "the next best thing", because it isn't THE best thing. Forcing the natural way of shopping will never get you satisfied, it will only make you frustrated.

Anyway, I caved. I thought I was completely over Nike Air Max, but I was wrong. I pinned them on my "Into my wardrobe please"-board on Pinterest 22 weeks ago. But I only wanted them if I could find them in that particular washed out color, it adds to the vintage feel you know. I was disappointed when I didn't find them at Urban Outfitters and the price also held me back a little. During our holiday in Porto I spotted them in a little shop. But the color wasn't what I was looking for and the price again held me back. At that moment I started to let go. I also kept noticing people wearing my beloved ones with a disgraceful taste of fashion (I'm sorry if I sound superficial). And do you know that feeling that you see someone wearing something you want so badly, but then because of that person you don't want it anymore? It happens to me a lot. And so my love for the "Air Maxkes" faded and I thought I couldn't care less. 

I have to admit, when I went to Antwerp on Saturday I even was on the lookout for an other pair of Nike sneakers: the all white Nike Dunk Sky High, because I thought I was ready for a new chapter. I spotted them on Elien from Dogs and Dresses and it's no secret that all white makes my heart beat faster. Except when we're talking about "Zwarte Piet", he should stay all black, folks! So when we walked by Footlocker, my friend Eline reminded me about my search for the white Nikes (lists in my head are useless) and so we entered. And that's where it all went wrong. I spotted the Air Maxkes again, in a pale pink washed out color on the top shelve. There were people standing in front of the shelves on eye level and I don't have X-ray vision. I made my way through the crowd and when I came closer they immediately drew my attention: all white Nike Air Max. I checked the size and just grabbed the shoe with no intention of letting go ever again. 

We all know how this story ends: I took them home and I will live happily ever after with my white Air Maxkes who, as a bonus, also glow in the dark! 

I'm sorry for this mega long story, I sometimes get caught up in things too much. Let me know if you kept reading 'till the end! And otherwise I hope you'll at least enjoy the pictures (don't mind my silly and tired face):

5 comments:

  1. Die vierde foto is echt mooi Lies! Leuke schoenen ook! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx! Ik twijfelde zelf vanwege m'n dwaze blik, maar bon dat hoort er ook bij ;) En ik ben dolverliefd op m'n Air Maxkes! Maar dat is al wel duidelijk denk ik :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goed dat je gezwicht bent, mooierds!
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...