Saturday, September 8, 2012

Retropolis - Vintage Festival

Last Saturday me and my guuurlfriends went to the Retropolis Vintage Festival, located at C-mine in Genk. As the name suggests, it's a festival all based on vintage and retro. And it was only one post ago that I was saying retro and vintage is HOT! The festival is organized by the already well-known Radio Modern and the C-mine site was the most perfect setting for their vintage festival.

We sure had a blast, but my friends kept telling me the last edition was better. I wasn't there, so I can't be the judge of that, unfortunately. This time they arranged several rooms, all representing another era: from the roaring twenties 'till the clubbing sixties. When you were tired of all the dancing, you could chill out and get your photo taken against a retro scenery (in which you couldn't actually sit...) or stroll through the vintage market. But I bet our market (look at the banner above) will be MUCH cooler! The only thing you couldn't do was eat. And we were starving! Okay, they arranged some bicky burgers, but I call that midnight-munchie-food and we wanted actual food. I'm a pain in the ass, I know. So we headed to the city center to eat a croque monsier, all dolled up from white socks in vintage shoes to fake (and HUGE) lashes.

I must say the Burlesque Revue by Follie Follies was absolutely amazing! It was actually funny and not cheap or anything at all! All the girls wore the most beautiful outfits, which they - ofcourse - also took off whilst shaking their goodies! And they all were well-curved and damn proud of their body, I'm in awe of their charisma.
(I'm sorry I didn't take more photos of the actual festival...)

OH! I almost forgot to mention: we're on Facebook nowadays! Feel free to like or to follow this blog with bloglovin' or that google thing or to do all of the above.

I'm wearing: Hair bow: Kruidvat - Fake lashes: Katy Perry (Eylure) - Top, skirt, bag: H&M - Shoes: thrifted






















1 comment:

  1. I'm wearing: Pull&Bear dress, noƫ pumps, forever 21 bracelet, WE purse :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...