Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What We Wear Wednesday: Stripes

(A title doesn't always need to be very witty, right? Stripes is what I'm wearing, and therefore stripes will be my title. (I should stop justifying myself all the time.))




A little while ago Sarah from The Vintageblues contacted us and asked if we wanted to 'style' some of her jewelry in our outfits. So we went to her garden party a couple of weeks ago, picked out some jewelry we could borrow and here's the first result!

I chose a set of earrings and a matching ring with a pinky coral chevron print. I don't have to explain anymore that I adore coral, and I have a thing for chevron. Karolien already pointed out this set to me because she also knows me that well. I had my doubts at first, because I NEVER wear sets of things. I usually mix and (mis)match. So therefore: challenge accepted.

I chose to style these chevron stripes with even more stripes. In my head it seemed right to style this matching set with some more of the same but different. Does that make any sense? I think it worked out pretty well, but feel free to comment!

Also, go and take a look at the Vintageblues' Facebook page, where you can check out the pretty stuff she makes: hair clips, buttons, necklaces and she also sells vintage clothes, shoes,  scarfs and purses. I really adore here 'goldies' series, so simple and sophisticated!

P.S. Don't mind my weird posing moves, I guess I had a 'bad posing day', and it apparently didn't occur to me to tilt my camera a little towards the sky...bad photographer!


Dress: Mango - Jacket: H&M - Loafers: La Bottega - Bag: Stradivarius - Earrings + ring: The Vintageblues


Blooper:


And ow yeah, even the inside of my bag is covered in stripes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...