Wednesday, October 28, 2015

We Wear: Halloween & Mad Max


I'll start off this post with a few general truths that I have repeated approximately a million times by now. Yes, I love a good costume party. Halloween is the highlight of autumn in my book. I decided what character I was gonna be already in May. Safe to say I'm a little obsessed and you probably have a hunch how this post is going to go. 

That being said, I was determined to go bigger and bolder for Halloween this year, something I aim to do each and every single year. A girl's gotta challenge herself a little bit. For the decorations and spending a Sunday night scaring kids, I had some aid from my friends. My costume and make-up however are completely by my own hand. I knew I wanted to dress up as a character from Mad Max, but I kept on going back and forth between a) Furiosa, because awesome-feminist-kick ass, b) a War Boy, because I wanted to scream "Witness me!" and blabber about the Valhalla and c) Immortan Joe, because he's the big boss and I wanted to be something truly evil for Halloween. Thinking about his quote 'Aaaah, mediocre' however sealed the deal as it is something I tend to identify a lot with. Decision made, mask ordered and the rest was history. 

PS: I'm sorry for going on and on about Mad Max, especially if you haven't seen the movie. Though you should, you definitely should, it's one of the best movies I've seen this year, even more so if you like weird and exciting stuff. 

 

 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...