Saturday, April 9, 2016

We Wear: Proud as a peacock




I'm not entirely sure what exactly I'm wearing: Is it a sweater? Is it a dress? I intended it to be a dress, which is also the way it was depicted on the website, but I guess my legs decided - kind of - differently. Furthermore, ordering clothes from Asian websites is always a little bit living on the edge. It looks great on the site, you (at least in my case) order the largest size available and from that moment, it’s just fingers crossed that it will a) get to you in an acceptable time frame, and b) will fit you without needing to make too much adjustments. I was lucky enough with this dress that I could fit my big head in it (no joke). Besides, I'm no quitter: If I say it’s a dress, it better be a dress, so I wore an underskirt to prevent flashing my butt to strangers. And just like that, problem solved. This particular piece of clothing does seem to be a polarizing one as some people in my environment who I was sure would hate it just shrugged and others (yes I am looking at you) joked around about it ALL.DAY.LONG.  I just sat there like 'What the hell could ever possibly in either which universe be wrong with being inspired by a peacock when getting dressed in the morning?'. Sometimes you’re a black widow, sometimes you look like an ice cream and other times, a peacock is inspiration number one. I call it: Life.

And life is so much better in summer, which I re-realized last Sunday when we were fortunate enough to have our very first, real spring day here in Belgium. Pictures soon, although I must admit I was way too hot that day, in the literal sense of the word (I wore too many clothes, go figure).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...