Tuesday, April 28, 2015

We Ask: Knitted and Oversized


As you're probably getting tired of our faces on the blog, we decided to spice things up a little bit by introducing a new feature: "We Ask". In short, we'll be asking random people in our environment to pose in front of our camera wearing an outfit centered around a question we ask them. However vague that may sound, you'll understand soon enough what we mean as we introduce the first "We Ask" below starring my (Karolien) little sister, Annelies. We asked her about that one garment she cannot wait to wear this spring and summer. 



Annelies: 
"Hmm, that will probably be my oversized knitted vest. I used my precious Zara gift voucher I got for my birthday to get my hands on this beauty. I had been very anxious in deciding which item DESERVED the gift voucher. Ridiculous, I know, but this little pièce unique right over here, was worth every little cent of it! I was already looking for a vest to wear on breezy days in spring instead of always wearing my khaki parka jacket. Karolien and I went shopping a few weeks ago and we just bumped in it to in the Zara. And it fit like glove. Well, maybe not like a glove because that would inquire it to be quite tight. Okay okay, let me start again: it just felt great wearing it."

   



Annelies: 
"In my head, I have already made a couple of possible combo’s to match with the vest. Turns out the knitted vest is multifunctional indeed. In general, this vest is a casualizer, that is to say, a vest to make your outfit more casual but not boring though (important nuance!). First of all, I can wear it a similar way as on the pictures below/above. I’d definitely opt for light colors to combine this vest with. For the next combo, I imagine myself being on holiday and ready to go do some sightseeing in the city by bike. In that case, I would wear it together with my ripped jeans shorts, cute brown cognac sandals and again with a top that’s not too dark. Oh man, I’d also wear this beautiful layered golden necklace with it. Slight problem though: don’t have one yet. Oh, I just came up with a third way to wear this knitted vest in spring/summer: on the beach! This vest might be the ideal solution to put on when you’re feeling a bit chilly. I must say, I can actually see myself go buy some ice cream at the local beach bar with just my bikini and this knitted vest on. Good God, give me summer right now, please!" 
  


Annelies: 
"I must say it felt a bit strange being the model this time as most of the time I’m the photographer in Karolien’s pictures. Finally, I know Karolien’s struggles: the funny, slightly awkward posing, the avoiding-other-people-(we-know) while doing so (Terkoest is a very small village indeed), the doing the same pose over and over again because the lighting is not good enough, the looking for the perfect setting (where are those damn blossoms?). However, I must say, despite the embarrassing moments, I had a great time doing this with my eldest sister! She’s quite the perfectionist, but now I know what a pain in the ass I can be while taking pictures of her. Some examples: “Other face”, “different move”, “put your hair back”, “fierce look”, “weird face”, and so on. But, I had a hell of  a good time!"



Thanks to Annelies for featuring in our very first "We Ask"!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...