Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What We Wear Wednesday: Winter coat

Somewhere around mid August I started pinning pictures from winter coats. Mostly because I always start too late with searching for that perfect match and end up freezing my ass off for half of the winter season. So this year I took a head start! Because I've been wearing my spring/summer parka nonstop (and actually only stopped wearing it only two weeks ago, still keeping that summer spirit alive yeah), I had my mind set on a more freezing temperatures adapted winter version. With of course the necessary amount of fur!

The decision wasn't all that hard, I fell in love (literally) with this jacket when I first laid my eyes on it on the River Island website. A very well-timed trip to Antwerp for the Bloggers Closet Sale and Antwerp Fashion Night was the perfect opportunity for trying it on and taking it home with me. It has been hanging in my closet since the end of September and now finally, a week ago the temperatures really dropped and it was time to wear it. I always procrastinate on wearing my winter coat, because I fear that I might grow sick of it before winter has even appropriately started. Is it just my general weirdness or something other people recognize? 

I have to say I'm a bit bummed to see similar jackets appearing everywhere, but I still like mine best, so neh neh (imagine me sticking out my tongue). I think it gives me a true Scandinavian or Russian feel, but I guess that must be my general, very superficial stereotypes kicking in. 

PS: Have to redo/redye my hair, but I'm absolutely lost on which colour and if I even want a colour again... FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS! 

Coat: River Island - Denim shirt, shorts, boots, socks: Primark - Beanie, scarf (old, I'm on the lookout for a new one): H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...