Wednesday, October 19, 2016

We Wear: Jeans shorts, pineapple gown and a headband at Fushimi Inari Shrine


Pineapple gown: H&M
T-shirt: H&M (old) 
Jeans shorts: My mum made it 
Sneakers: Vans via La Bottega
Leopard belt: Veritas
Headband: Zara
Duffle bag: New Look via Zalando

I'm afraid this will already be my last outfit post from Japan *insert sad face*. I have to admit my outfits mostly consisted of shorts or a skirt and other breezy garments. The weather did put a limit to my options. I mean, I  challenge you to climb a million stairs to the top of a mountain wearing something other than breezy garments. I'm telling you it's impossible so breezy garments it was when we decided to visit the famous Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto. This place was magical and I loved everything about it. The walk up the mountain through the thousands of vermillion tori gates was breathtakingly stunning and breathtakingly exhausting at the same time. It was really hot and humid and it was raining and we were sweating all over the place. But the views you get and the mini shrines you pass while walking up are all worth it. And we caught a Dragonite so that made it even more worth it ;-) 

On our way down we took a different route, not entirely on purpose, and we passed this little coffee shop called "Vermillion", which was named like that after the colour of the tori gates I guess. It was a really cozy place and the perfect spot to catch our breath and try a matcha latté. Matcha is Japanese green tea that is ground into powder and you can literally buy anything in Japan in matcha flavour. It has a very specific and not so subtle taste, so it needs some getting used to before you start to like it. I for example really liked it in this latté but I also tried it in soft ice and I did not really like that. And please never try a matcha latté at Starbucks because they add so much sugar you won't taste a thing. 

On a completely different note: it's October and for the first time ever I'm really excited for Halloween. It's not like I disliked Halloween before, not at all, but this year I WANNA GO ALL THE WAY YO. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!

LinkedWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...